Welding Engineering Technologist
- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- The welding engineering technologist is responsible for administration of the corporate quality systems for assigned facilities, welding and metallurgical supports for routine station welding issues. The candidate supports welding project (including outage and project welding technical support). S/he develops welding procedures and maintenance of welding qualification records. Incumbent maintains periodic station program assessments and supports welding technical on new construction projects. With close supervision, provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems in area of expertise. S/he ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities. S/he prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondences, documentations, calculations, and sketches. The role conducts engineering and related studies. This position strives to improve continually job-related, technical, and professional knowledge, skills, and performance. S/he develops positive working relationships to coordinate effectively work activities. The applicant maintains accurate records and files. Supports the company goals and represents the company positively and professionally. This position performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- The ideal candidate should have 2 to 4 years of experience with educational degree and 5 to 10 years of equivalent experience with no degree. Prefer at least 5 years of welding engineering experience in the electric utility industry with fossil experience a plus. S/he should have the ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds. Incumbent should have good written and oral communication skills. Experience in the utility industry; understanding of basic principles of project management; successful completion of the fundamental of engineering exam; familiarity and/or experience with asme b&pv codes, asme b31 piping codes, aws codes and the nbic desired.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree in engineering technology or equivalent, or bachelor of science in engineering technology or equivalent, or a degree in welding engineering or welding engineering technology is preferred. Degree in mechanical engineering, mechanical engineering technology, metallurgy, or materials science is considered.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest electric power holding company in the United States and concern about electricity generation, transmission & distribution and natural gas.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com