- Sacramento, CA
What you'll be doing
- Direct achievement of performance objectives related to productivity, quality, service and safety. Monitor workflow metrics and take corrective action as needed. Balance staff across the various sections of the warehouse for fluctuating requirements. Ensure warehouse staff has received appropriate training for all job responsibilities. Verify that a safe working environment exists at all times and that safety regulations are followed. Maintain positive employee relations and morale while enforcing discipline as required. Monitor workflow, work completed, error rates and related metrics and take appropriate action when required. Maintain proper and safe storage and handling of all materials within the facility. Ensure that all procedures are observed, implemented and enforced and training is provided when necessary in the processing of all transactions. Ensure the timely and accurate completion of all customer and inventory transactions. Ensure accurate time, attendance and performance counseling records are maintained. Foster environment of continuous improvement in all aspects of the operation.
What your background should be
- Ability to improve transportation cost saving measures by using reports to analyze key cost drivers; also need to be able to negotiate transportation cost with local carriers per proper approval. Knowledge of commonly used warehouse and inventory control processes. Strong interpersonal skills to demonstrate teamwork, leadership and creative flexibility while dealing with all levels of the organization. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to ensure timely completion. Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain and teach policies, procedures and practices. Proficient skills in using computer-based systems, programs and reports.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a multinational electronics distribution and services company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com