- Baldwin, MI
What you'll be doing
- Plans and provides leadership for the administration, security and treatment programs of the facility. Makes long-range plans and schedules. Sets goals and establishes objectives to achieve such plans. Develops and maintains close working relationships with the client departments and their representatives. Approves, initiates, interprets and enforces policies and directives for efficient administration. Supplements policies with written guidelines and procedures. Directs the activities of all facility functions, assigns duties and delegates authority to accomplish them. Delegates the authority for the selection, development and termination of staff, including ongoing staff training, communications and discipline. Ensures that adequate procedures, method and techniques are established in all programs and operations. Provides adequate facilities, space and equipment for inmates and staff. Ensures the ability of the facility staff to respond appropriately to emergencies. Provides proper safeguards and conducts regularly scheduled physical inspections for the health, safety and welfare of inmates and staff and the physical property of the facility. Confers with the appropriate corporate or client officials on policy matters. Monitors statutory requirements and legal decisions that affect administrative decisions or operations of the facility. Analyzes proposals, financial statements, records, statistical reports, budget estimates and justifications for proposed expenditures. Develops and maintains close working relationships with government and private agencies including local, state and federal law enforcement units and the community. Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure the effective and successful operation of the facility.
What your background should be
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in a correctional or detention facility at the minimum level of associate. Facility administrator or warden of a correctional facility or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Exceptions may be made concerning supervisory experience if the candidate clearly demonstrates the ability to supervise the proper administration of a correction or detention facility of a substantial number of inmates. Must possess a working knowledge of program objectives, policies, correctional laws, applicable court orders, procedures and requirements for managing a secure correction or detention facility. Must have strong leadership ability, sound judgment and effective administrative ability. Possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of the objectives and principles of career development and advancement programs. Clearly demonstrates the ability to guide, direct and coordinate the efforts of others.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in the behavioral sciences or related field.
Who is the client company
- The client company is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention and community reentry services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org