Visitor Services Information Assistant
- Wrangell, AK
What you'll be doing
- Ensure that the information desk at a reception area or visitor center is covering at all times, and answer the phone and radio. Greet visitors, and respond to a variety of inquiries regarding company activities, programs, exhibits, facilities, policies, and functions. Evaluate inquiries in order to provide the most useful and appropriate information or to suggest other options, such as alternate routes or activities. Provide guidance to the public on rules and regulations regarding on-unit activities. Assist visitors and callers with informational searches, and with use of the reference library. Monitor and report statistics such as visitor numbers and activities, for project planning. Serve as collection officer to sell forest timber permits and other items. Participate with staff specialists and public affairs office to provide the latest, most accurate and appropriate information to the public. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum one year of general experience. Excellent communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills and computer skills preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is an agency of the United States department of agriculture.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org