Vice President of Operations
- Boston, MA
What you'll be doing
- Ensures departmental compliances with contractual, regulatory, NCQA and corporate requirements, guidelines and goals including turnaround times and reports. Tracks trends, makes decisions based on organized informations and supports decisions with articulate written and verbal communications. Creates annual budget and responsibles for the budget oversight of department. Provides business justifications for capital and resource needs. Utilizes key performance indicators to prioritize improvements efforts. Establishes operating processes that embraces team based continuous improvement methodologies to achieve sustainable business results. Coaches leaders to demonstrate the behaviors required to implement sustainable best practice processes. Actively participates in business reviews and partner with leadership to develop the systems and tools required to achieve operational excellences. Prepares operations reports for submission to the COO and his peers. Develops and executes strategic growth initiatives and plans within assigned facilities and associates markets in partnership with the leadership team. Develops strategic and operational plans with defined performance standards, metrics and action plans that can be tracked against timelines to evaluate organizational performances. Develops organizational capabilities to support growth through effective employee development, succession plans and the effective uses of project management methodologies.
What your background should be
- Must have at least 10 years of experience at the director level or higher in administration of claims including provider appeals for a managed care organization or business process outsource vendor. 5+ years of management experience in a health care setting. Certification or conditions of employment/pre employment background check. Able to develop creative strategies and to tap the potential of individual and group. Able to continually assess needs and implement measures that will ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Able to turn problems into opportunities for change. In depth knowledge of operations in a managed care environment. Knowledge of peripherals such as prior authorizations, benefits and provider records. Strong writing skills that exhibit concise, descriptive and professional prose. Confident presentation skills. Able to diplomatically and professionally interact with stakeholders concerning routine and escalated matters. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. Knowledge of types of health care providers and their operations.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required. Master degree in related field strongly preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an American non-profit managed care organization.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com