Veterans Service Representative
- Indianapolis, IN
What you'll be doing
- Veterans Service Representative will responsible for analyzing claims to determine if the medical condition was incurred in or aggravated by military service in the line of duty for purposes of compensation, treatment or hospitalization, reviewing claims to determine if a specific type of medical examination or re-examination is required. Communicate with the veteran, their families or representatives to facilitate timely, proper decisions. Provide consultative advice and assistance, advocate for veterans and their beneficiaries in their dealings with other VA elements and organizations that affect their claims. The normal line of progression for this position is GS-10 to GS-11, and the GS-11 to GS-12 grade level. The duties and responsibilities of the RVSR, GS-10/11 is identical to those found at the full performance level GS-12.
What your background should be
- To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of the announcement. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level, one year in GS-10, one year in GS-11 and one year in GS-12 grade level in the federal service, experience which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities. KSA to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled, in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Ability to read, understand, interpret, and apply medical and legal terminology, pertinent laws, regulations, and procedures. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally with people, both clients and coworkers, from a variety of backgrounds and with varying levels of understanding, ability to work under stressful conditions. This includes the ability to work under time pressure and the ability to maintain self-control.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor level graduation is required. Education submitted must be appropriately accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.
Who is the client company
- This organization provides patient care and federal benefits to veterans and their dependents.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org