UNL Dog and Cat Department manager
- Arlington, VA
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for the achievement of the dog and cat department budgeted sales goals, gross margin, merchandise shrink targets, managing inventory levels, reported budgeted expense rates and budgeted contribution. Accountable for driving sales and for the overall effective operations within the area of dog and cat food, litter, supplies, toys, treats, rawhide, containment, apparel, etc. Candidate will provide associates with ongoing training and coaching while ensuring a friendly and courteous atmosphere in the department. Working with store management, candidate will develop proper scheduling to promote excellent customer service during all store hours. Applicant will also partner with the Inventory Manager to ensure in-stock levels. Ensure food and litter back stock is worked daily and all other department back stock a minimum of three times per week. Provide training and coaching in GUEST and product knowledge to associates daily on the sales floor and on an ongoing basis. Ensure a friendly and courteous atmosphere by all associates in the department. In partnership with the GM or AM ensure proper scheduling is being maintained in the department to ensure in-stock goals and customer service during peak hours. Collaborate with the Inventory Manager to ensure in-stock levels. Goals are achieve by reporting max changes or requested overrides. Effectively organize and price all clearance merchandise for the department. Manages and coaches sales associates in providing great customer service and in performing their assigned task with the objective of achieving budgeted sales. Adhere to and promote established safety procedures.
What your background should be
- This position required previous experience in retail setting as a department manager, team lead or sales associate. Experience supervising associates, or demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales technologies, analytical abilities, as well as, a professional appearance and demeanor. Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
Required Schooling / Training
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required
Who is the client company
- This is very renowned privately held pet retailer in the United States that provides focus on putting animal first, educating pet parent and reducing carbon footprint services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com