- Alexandria, LA
What you'll be doing
- Enters physician orders in a timely manner and with accuracy, prioritizing order entry to ensure quality patient care. Ensures that all charts are supplied with appropriate forms for documentation. All reports are posted in a timely and accurate manner. Assists physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team with clerical duties, retrieving reports, etc. Relays messages to appropriate caregiver within 5 minutes of receiving message. Adheres to call bell response protocol. Ensures that diet/tube feeding changes are completed and credited every shift.
What your background should be
- One-year minimum healthcare experience preferred. Unit secretary should also be familiar with all applicable medical laws and regulations, especially regarding the dissemination of patient information. Good verbal and written communication skills are also required and general administrative work experience may enhance employment opportunities. Certification can allow unit secretaries to advance into leadership or management roles.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org