- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Maintains forms supplies in nurse station (photocopying). Collates admission packets, prepares and facilitates the availability of patient charts and records forms. Keeps forms organized updates and revises unit specific form as needed. Stocking, taking inventory and ordering supplies for unit. Answers phones courteously, taking messages and routing calls appropriately. Monitors and answers unit entrance system. Receives patient/family requests and refers to appropriate person for follow up. Directs triage calls to the appropriate clinician. Assists patients and families with phone calls. Utilizes and completes computer based tasks as needed (i.e., entering lab requisitions, patient labels) in a timely manner.
What your background should be
- 1 year of previous general office experience preferred. Microsoft work skills required. Excellent communication skills and an ability to relate well to parents and children. Demonstrates the ability to de-escalate conflict situations (with parents or other departments). Ability to prioritize needs of the unit under stressful conditions without supervision. Ability to assist unit staff in any appropriate function when indicated.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- This is a pediatric specialty hospital.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org