Unit Manager RN
- Marietta, OH
What you'll be doing
- Effectively utilizes existing manpower limiting use of overtime and agency personnel. Participates in staff recruitment (i.e. assist in the interviewing and selection of nursing personnel). Implements the individual performance improvement plan for staff whose performance does not meet center expectations, and when necessary, recommends or initiates disciplinary action. Collaborates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with individual needs, choices and preferences. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment. Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet state staffing requirements and needs of patients. Plans, organizes, directs, supervises and evaluates nursing care provided on the unit to achieve clinical and financial outcomes. Ensures patient care assignments are consistent with staff competencies, scope of practice and the needs of the patients. Participates with the interdisciplinary team in developing, implementing and evaluating ways to achieve patient goals and minimize prehospitalization. Oversees medication management to ensure adequate supplies and that all medications are handled in accordance the company policy.
What your background should be
- The individual should have experience in related field. Demonstrates leadership, organizational and critical thinking skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent management skills. Ability to work independently, problem solve and make decisions as necessary. Basic knowledge of computer use. Ability to create a patient-centered environment.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Who is the client company
- The client company is one of the leading provider of short-term post-acute, rehabilitation, skilled nursing and long-term care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org