Underwriting Strategic Initiatives Consultant
- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- Independently plan and manage a variety of initiatives to update underwriting policies, processes, and technology, including age/amount requirements, non-medical requests, foreign risk, suitability, beneficiary/ownership, and other underwriting guidelines/rules as required by the business for competitive, regulatory, compliance, or other changes, ensuring efforts are delivered on-time and on-budget. Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports for specific projects. Run project meetings, project tracking and analysis. Monitor the progress of initiatives, milestones, and budgets to ensure timeliness and deliverables are met; provide updates to management regarding initiative status. Develop and provide business specifications and testing for underwriting it projects. Provide input to the life and IDI underwriting technology portfolio, including status, funding, prioritization, and tracking of projects. Manage critical relationships with consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers/leadership; work with vendors and develop RFPS as appropriate to support initiatives. Perform other duties as assigned or required.
What your background should be
- At least 5 years of experience managing medium to large projects spanning across large corporate environments to implement new technology and processes. Experience managing medium to large initiatives in a corporate environment; strong decision-making and project management skills employ a well-organized and methodical approach; ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines. Ability to persuasively present ideas to others that achieve clarity, understanding and commitment; actively create opportunities for dialogue and problem solving. Experience delivering prepared presentations (both written and verbal) with confidence; and discuss issues and facts in response to questions.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field.
Who is the client company
- Concern about insurance, annuities, employee benefits, banking and financial services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com