- Kissimmee, FL
What you'll be doing
- Receives patients, explains method of procedure and makes patient as comfortable as possible. Ensures all records for the sonography department are maintained and current. Participates in the scheduling of the ultrasound patients to keep the patient flow moving in a smooth and efficient manner. Performs ultrasound procedures in accordance with procedure manuals. Assists radiologist by obtaining a comprehensive patient history and other information necessary for the radiologist to make an accurate diagnosis. Keeps machines and work area clean, orderly, and in good working order. Communicates well with patients, co-workers, and physicians. Operates all diagnostic ultrasound equipment with ease and expertise. Performs all paperwork accurately, consistently, and in a timely manner. Demonstrates the ability to handle the critically ill, or injured patient. Observes proper infection control and isolation techniques. Demonstrates the ability to perform a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgement with ingenuity and initiative.
What your background should be
- Current RDMS-vascular registry preferred. Current American heart association certification in basic life support. Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited program for radiographers or ultrasonographers.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org