Traveling Mechanic Tech-Nuclear
- Florence, SC
What you'll be doing
- The traveling mechanic tech nuclear is responsible for the basic aspects of turbine/generator mechanical maintenance as well as some aspects of plant mechanical maintenance. As directed, duties performed may include but are not limited to: successful completion of the power plant maintenance selection system (MASS) aptitude testing is required for this position. Perform assigned maintenance and repair of mechanical systems in a safe, reliable, economical and environmentally sound manner. Perform assigned maintenance activities independently or work within a team/group setting as needed. Function as lead person in performing various maintenance activities. Read and interpret basic mechanical drawings, work orders and/or plans. Assist in the control of quality and productivity. Develop proficiency in rigging, lifting and other mechanical maintenance functions. Gain general knowledge of equipment maintenance procedures, instruction manuals, drawings, and codes. Develop proficiency in the use of machine shop tools, and personal computers. Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise. Understand and follow all applicable safety standards. Become proficient in the use of human performance tools and techniques. Maintain good housekeeping standards on a continual basis and ensure no reportable incidents regarding housekeeping occur with the area of responsibility. Develop effective writing skills. Obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear access.
What your background should be
- 4-6 years of directly related experience. General knowledge of industrial mechanical maintenance and power plant equipment. Experience as a energy plant mechanical maintenance technician. Experience with performing maintenance at nuclear facility. Experience in maintenance and repair of steam turbines and generators. Experience as a contractor supporting maintenance services work activities. Basic knowledge of rigging, including the proper use of ropes and slings. Basic knowledge of work practices using shop equipment, hand tools, power tools, precision tools and hoists. Sound interpersonal skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
Who is the client company
- One of the largest electric power holding company in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com