Transmission Service Shop Technician
- Apple Valley, CA
What you'll be doing
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates). Fuel the company equipment including moving the over-the-road tractors to and from the fuel island to other locations on the distribution center lot according to written procedures. Maintain and repair tractor-trailer tires, including install/dismount tires onto/off wheels using tire tools/machinery (e.g., tire machine, tire bar, wheel dolly), repair flats and balance tires according to written procedures. Maintain and repair trailers, including lights, landing gear, interior panels, roof repairs, floors, doors and threshold plates, according to written procedures. Maintain, repair and replace tractor and trailer brake system components (e.g., hydraulic, air, anti-skid, S-cam, ABS, EBS) according to written procedures. Make electrical/wiring repairs to trailer light assemblies according to written procedures.
What your background should be
- 1 year experience using computer applications (e.g., email, spreadsheets, word processing). 2 years experience in trailer inspection and mechanical repair automotive service excellence (ASE) brake certification both class A commercial driving license (CDL) and department of transportation (DOT) driving certification college or technical school level coursework in heavy duty truck/trailer maintenance DOT vehicle inspection certification.
Required Schooling / Training
- Technical school certification in automotive maintenance OR 1 year experience in mechanical repair.
Who is the client company
- American multinational retail company that operates a chain of discount department stores and warehouse stores.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com