- Santa Ana, CA
What you'll be doing
- Participates in the assessment of organizational training needs and development of strategies to achieve established objectives. Attends strategy planning meetings with management members to facilitate buy-in to training programs and to gather input regarding training priorities. Serves as a centralized training and development resource to ensure all training and development programs are integrated with each other to eliminate and/or prevent duplication/overlap of efforts and increased costs. Works with senior director of human resources to ensure alignment of training with corporate strategic initiatives and links into other HR processes such as performance management and competencies. Facilitates integration of the face of independence theme into all training programs. Assumes responsibility for the following training and development activities: prepares training schedules and tracks attendance on internal HR system, develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of mediums including: instructor-lead, web-based live training seminars, group facilitations, team building exercises, pre-recorded web-seminars, and web-based interactive action learning programs, establishes a system to measure outcomes, provides guidance in the establishment and maintenance of training and employee development standards, objectives, policies and procedures, trains trainers within the organization and manages activities of in-touch teams and other training teams as appropriate. Develops and maintains communication at all levels to ensure employees have knowledge of training goals, activities and requirements, works with human services staff to provide input on job placement services, curriculum on development, and assists in establishing e-learning program with H.S. instructors for other non-profit program participants in the community, maintains documentation of all courses completed by program participants, including specific class, dates of enrollment, completion dates, competencies, works with H.S. data processing/client intake manager to track numbers for total persons served. Follows all company policies and procedures. Promotes and demonstrates cooperation and teamwork. Assists and shares knowledge and information with other employees as needed. Uses good interpersonal skills such as courtesy, sensitivity, politeness, and thoughtfulness.
What your background should be
- At least 5 years work experience in field. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred. At least five years relevant experience in developing, implementing, and facilitating training and assessment programs. PC proficiency in MS Office, and PowerPoint. Prior human resources experience including familiarity with performance management and employee orientations. Hands-on experience conducting training. Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects required. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Excellent verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Must have valid California driving license.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in human resources, business, or equivalent
Who is the client company
- This is a nonprofit organization that provides job training and employment placement services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com