Trainee, Medical Technologist
- Chantilly, VA
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for performing assigned tests under the direction of senior laboratory personnel in accordance with the laboratory's procedure manual, ensuring that applicable quality control requirements are met. Ensures that test systems are in control for each test performed. Ensures that each test is performed according to the schedule outlined by laboratory protocol. Responsible for informing supervisory personnel of all problems associated with the proper performance of test procedures. Reports any actual or potential deviation from standard or accepted testing procedures, and cooperates fully with any investigation of same. Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures. Maintains laboratory areas and equipment in a safe, functional and sanitary condition. Adheres to all established laboratory safety requirements. Performs other job-related/miscellaneous duties as assigned by competent authority.
What your background should be
- One year of laboratory experience and training in the specialty or sub-specialty in which the individual performs tests. Strong interest and knowledge in specialty area desired. Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients. Communication skills necessary to handle telephone inquiries from clients. Knowledge of organizational/departmental policies and procedures. Basic knowledge of computer terminal operations. Basic analytical skills necessary to gather and interpret data. Ability to deal with client information in a confidential manner.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in a biological science.
Who is the client company
- This corporation provides clinical laboratory services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com