- Tracy, CA
What you'll be doing
- Performs the duties involved with the maintenance repair activities surrounding the M/W functions. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's safety policies and applicable laws. Works with direction from the M/W supervisor and/or M/W foreman. Performs the day-to day activities of a M/W gang unloads and/or assists in the unloading and distribution of track material (rail, ties, spikes, plates, etc). Restores track after derailments; manages the right of way and structures for trains. Corrects deviations in track surface, alignment and gage Installs and repairs street crossings and railroad crossings; establishes and maintains drainage; install, repairs and cleans small culverts; removes snow when needed. Operates tools in the performance of duties such as rail saw, track wrench, spike maul, tie adz, claw bar, and others as needed.
What your background should be
- 2 years of work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Other technical training experience with heavy hand tools previous work in an outside environment are preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is a short-line railroad holding company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com