Tissue Processing Technician
- Alachua, FL
What you'll be doing
- Tissue Processing, Sterilization, Packaging, Inspection, and/or Labeling o Performs tissue processing activities that produce the highest level of quality and yield outcomes in accordance with applicable standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs). Responsible for accurately processing tissue products and meeting production schedules. Works safely, dons appropriate PPE, and applies excellent aseptic techniques in a clean room / controlled environment performing individual tasks or contributing to a team effort. Understands requirements to properly dispose hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Accurately completes paperwork and performs data entry in accordance with good documentation practices. Stores and moves tissue in appropriate locations to ensure accurate inventories of tissue in-process. Performs cycle count activities in accordance with SOP. Assists in the review and update of SOP, work instructions and procedures. Actively participates in and complies with five pillar program. Understands and takes responsibility for customers upstream and downstream of his/her activities. Identifies and facilitates continuous improvement efforts in the areas of: quality, safety, yield, compliance, cycle time, and waste reduction. Participate in continuous improvement activities in team meetings and other formal and informal settings. Performs training for other employees that result in positive or improved performance by the trainee. Follows assigned priorities from manager or supervisor. Ability to work with minimal supervision in a processing environment. Understands and complies with safety requirements. Performs duties while meeting all applicable internal, federal and state quality requirements and regulations. Participates in periodic performance reviews on a timely basis. Displays proficiency (preferably mastery) in multiple RTI tissue processing competencies (preferably multiple weighted competencies). Performs duties to support key annual performance metrics for operations.
What your background should be
- General knowledge of anatomy. Ability to read, write and follow detailed procedures, written instructions and verbal instructions. Basic math skills: ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides. Proficient in Microsoft Windows environment including Word, Excel and Internet, email, etc. Good organization skills and personal accountability. Possesses detailed product knowledge relevant to value stream. Understands the corporate strategies of RTI Biologics. Proven excellence and mastery of tissue processing competencies. Proven ability to train others to become proficient processors.
Required Schooling / Training
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- This is a leading global surgical implant company providing surgeons with safe biologic, metal and synthetic implants.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org