Time Health Unit Coordinator
- Pittsburgh, PA
What you'll be doing
- Assumes responsibility for assignments and views problems as challenges. Demonstrates awareness of how one's own behavior impacts the efficient functioning of the department. Maintains accurate unit communication including, but not limited to, promptly answering telephones, activating the paging system, facilitating timely faxing, and distributing patient and unit mail. Greets and assists visitors, physicians and other staff members. Utilizes hospital information systems, including but not limited to eRecord, MARS, Medipac, Bedboard, and Teletracking. Updates bedboard per unit standards and communicates changes to appropriate staff as needed. Enters and communicates physician orders timely and accurately. Maintains the medical record and patient chart according to established policy. Assures that patient identification plate is correct and that patient identification labels are available at all times. Coordinates other unit activities including, but not limited to scheduling of tests and procedures, scheduling patient transports, completing errands, maintaining appropriate logs and filing reports appropriately. Maintains par levels for designated supplies and forms including "down time" folders. Rounds through family lounge to assure proper items are stocked and room is maintained. Reconciles charges accordingly including but not limited to custom braces and crrt. Performs unit audits as directed. Initiates quiet time or monitors noise level. Strictly adheres to all policies and practices relative to patient care and hospital related information. Adheres to hipaa and blocked policies. Complies with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions. Performs assigned work in a timely and productive manner. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Knowledge of medical terminology and computer applications. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing. Completion of a certified health unit secretary course preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about medical services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org