The Labor and Delivery RN (Critical Care/IMC)
- Las Vegas, NV
What you'll be doing
- The labor and delivery rn (critical care/imc) manages the nursing care of patients in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization. The candidate assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs. S/he carries out physician orders, administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs. Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients. The applicant serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. Instructs and educates patients and families. Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. The incumbent provides age and culturally appropriate care. Orients and mentors new staff members. This position follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
What your background should be
- Minimum 2 years of current labor and delivery experience required. The incumbent should have current NV license as an RN, current certification as a BLS healthcare provider, ACLS and NRP. The applicant should have critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. S/he should have customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Who is the client company
- This is a for-profit hospital operated by sunrise healthcare system and owned by the hospital corporation of America.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com