- Woodward, OK
What you'll be doing
- The territory manager will develop and grow existing customers and maximize profitable sales; make sales presentations to all customers on an agreed-upon and consistent basis. Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process. Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms. Research customer business needs and develop mix of products and service to meet needs; evaluate market trends, recommend products to customers, and utilize sampling and product cuttings, based on business needs and goals. Answer customer questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel. Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitor products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided. Leverage other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening. Identify prospective customers by utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences. Participate in division activities (e.g., sales meetings, food shows, promotion programs) in order to promote sales, increase product knowledge, and maintain good customer relations. Leverage customer solutions coordinators and sales coordinators to reduce time on administrative tasks (e.g. special orders) and order-taking, processing credits and pick-up requests. Leverage business solutions specialists, new business managers, business development managers/specialists, and culinary specialists, to promote account penetration and new account acquisition and development. Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, preparing price quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
What your background should be
- A qualified candidate with minimum 1 year of sales (foodservice industry preferred) or culinary/restaurant management experience required. S/he should have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as customer service and presentation abilities. Incumbent should also have demonstrated problem solving ability and negotiation skills. Must have proficient computer skills; will need to be familiar with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint).
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma; bachelor degree in business/marketing or equivalent preferred.
Who is the client company
- A food company servicing restaurants, healthcare, hospitality, government & educational institutions.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org