Teen Day Camp Leader
- Dayton, OH
What you'll be doing
- Assist with planning and implementing program activities and responsible for the welfare and safety of all youth enrolled in the program. Manage the success of the program in regards to the company mission, goals and objectives of the company teens in action program. Know program and staff members names and use them when speaking with them. Protect confidential information regarding program participants, families, and staff members. Communicate any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up to direct supervisor or to appropriate branch staff. Uphold guidelines as outlined in the employee handbook of the association, parent handbook, and the day camp counselor handbook. Possess working knowledge of child abuse, neglect laws, and follow proper reporting procedures including confidentiality in regards to children and families participating in camp. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- At least one year of experience working with youth or teens. Experience with service learning and the 40 developmental assets preferred. Must be able to plan and lead youth in-group activities that will enhance self-esteem, social skills, and critical thinking skills. Must display sound judgment and initiative as well as independent thinking skills and a positive attitude. Must be able to effectively handle conflict and maintain positive discipline and order. Must have a valid driving license.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree in related field from an accredited college or university strongly preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a charitable organization with an inclusive environment driven to enrich the quality of family, spiritual, social, mental, and physical wellbeing for all.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org