- Saint Paul, MN
What you'll be doing
- Plan and implement play based programming during recess, in school and after school hours at a public elementary school through. Create a safe and inclusive playground, be a significant presence on the playground by organizing and playing large games with 20+ students and be a role model. Implement a youth leadership program by providing student leadership opportunities at recess and facilitating trainings for students before or after school. Lead individual classes in skills building, cooperative games and activities to increase awareness of rules and boundaries at recess. Recruit and coach students for developmental sports leagues. Design and implement one or two service projects during the year that engage students families at the school site. Recruit and coordinate volunteers to build a strong school community that supports positive, inclusive play. Participate in national days of service and weekend service projects in the greater community. Maintain communication and a professional relationship with school staff, teachers, families, volunteers as a representative of client companies daily, weekly and monthly program schedules. Complete timesheets to track member service hours. Supervise volunteers and collect volunteer logs. Collect and enter data for various grant and evaluation requirements in an online database.
What your background should be
- Demonstrated experience leading or teaching groups of children with the ability to engage and inspire youth. Demonstrated commitment to serving the greater community. Motivated self starter with strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written. Humorous and playful with ability to set clear goals and follow through with flexible and creative problem solving tools. Conceptual ability for the larger perspective with a strong attention to detail and multitasking. Experience interacting with diverse communities and the ability to integrate into an existing school community. Knowledge of computer and internet based programs for use in communication and grant requirements.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- The client company is the leading national nonprofit leveraging the power of play to transform children's physical and emotional health.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org