Team Lead (IST)
- Dubuque, IA
What you'll be doing
- The client company is seeking a team lead for a UNIX and Intel integrated services technology (IST). Act as an extension of the department manager by supervising the work of the team, which include but not limited to, assigning and directing work of team members, reviewing and balancing the workload (including days off, vacation days). Maintain significant discretion and provide feedback as needed regarding hiring, individual and team performance, dismissal, discipline, team efficiencies for department manager final review and appropriate action. Provide feedback to management regarding employee performance; provide evaluation of team members by reviewing each team member results and make recommendations toward the overall assessment and performance ratings for the department manager approval. Continually match workload and resource skill to optimize pool execution thereby ensuring timely and high quality service delivery and service level agreement (SLA) compliance from the team. Lead implementation efforts by training the team on recommended processes and monitoring compliance for business processes. Understand and analyze metrics to identify and assess skills of team members and maintain overview on staffing availability and team productivity. Analyze metrics to identify trends, making recommendations to improve operations. Monitor and report delivery performance key performance indicators (KPIS) of the team. Act as key point of contact and escalation with regard to severity/outage issues and general customer support. Serve as subject matter expert for the team service catalog/support repertoire. Lead resolution of issues, root cause analysis, and/or collection of project requirements for project, steady state work and quality improvement initiatives. Take ownership for assessing issues or receiving detailed requirements and documentation. Ensure customers/account teams follow standard guideline and procedures when requesting service from the pool.
What your background should be
- The candidate with at least 2 years of experience in system administration or equivalent technical work in an enterprise environment with demonstrated leadership ability required. At least 2 years of experience in customer support environment, analytical skills, team leadership required. At least 2 years experience in basic knowledge in project management or coordination required. Fluent English required. S/he with at least 3 years of experience in system administration or equivalent technical work in an enterprise environment with demonstrated leadership ability preferred. At least 5 years experience in analytical skills, customer support environment, in team leadership, and at least 2 years experience in project management or coordination preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required; master degree in information technology preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an American multinational technology and consulting corporation.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com