Teacher, Sped Resource
- Avondale, AZ
What you'll be doing
- Participate in the teacher advancement program (TAP) teacher instructionally focused accountability system. Attend ongoing applied professional growth groups (clusters). Participate in the TAP team teaching or coaching model in collaboration with mentor and master teacher to enhance teacher expertise. Collaborate on lesson planning and develop expertise in all areas of instruction by working with the mentor and master teacher. Develop expertise through creating and maintaining an individual growth plan (IGP). Use formal and informal assessment to monitor student progress toward the school achievement goals, including cluster focus. Use all resources available to support instructional programs. Align lessons to district curriculum and state standards. Assist in the design and implementation of individualized education programs through diagnostic teaching, instructional adaptations and individual behavior management techniques. Conduct instruction with clearly stated objectives giving a variety of information to aid students in the achievement of the objective. Use effective modeling, guided practices, closure and independent practice as appropriate to the lesson. Use questioning and discussion strategies and higher level thinking skills. Adjust the lesson as appropriate to meet the diverse needs of all students. Integrate the use of educational technology in the classroom. Maintain polite, respectful and positive student interactions. Maintain accurate records that meet district, state and federal timelines. Maintain and document effective lines of communication with students and their peers. Communicate and cooperate with other staff members, support personnel and administration. Participate in professional growth activities and seeks to improve teaching skills. Follow district policies, procedures and directives in a timely and appropriate manner. Perform such other tasks as may be assigned.
What your background should be
- Valid Arizona teaching certificate. Must meet all Arizona department of education certification requirements, AZ cross categorical certificate required. Must meet all NCLB (highly qualified).
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree (minimum requirement).
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com