- Boston, MA
What you'll be doing
- Adapts district curriculum materials and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge students. Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, creates cognitively demanding tasks and models the belief that that all students can master challenging material through effective effort. Assesses students understanding regularly with ambitious learning goals in mind and takes ownership of making necessary adjustments to instruction to reach goals despite setbacks. Passionate and optimistic about students, content and the teaching profession. Demonstrates mastery of and enthusiasm for content area and the pedagogy it requires. Scaffolds and differentiates instruction in order for all students to do complex thinking and rigorous academic work. Uses instructional practices that are likely to challenge, motivate and engage all students and facilitate equitable, active student participation. Builds a productive learning environment where every student participates and is valued as part of the class community. Actively creates and maintains an environment in which students diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths and challenges are respected. Regularly reflects on practice, seeks and responds to feedback and demonstrates self-awareness and commitment to continuous learning and development. Seeks to participate in and contribute to a collaborative adult learning community.
What your background should be
- Experience teaching in urban schools. Hold a valid Massachusetts teaching license in English at the appropriate level and hold an SEI endorsement or dual certification in English as a second language. Meet all state and federal guidelines in order to be fully licensed and highly qualified. Ability to meet the standards of effective teaching established by the client company as outlined above. Current authorization to work in the United States.
Required Schooling / Training
- Hold a bachelor degree in English.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org