- Elmira, NY
What you'll be doing
- This position is responsible for assisting school teachers in the performance of duties by carrying out various non-professional tasks associated with the teaching process and in meeting program needs. Work is performing under the general supervision of the principal or a teacher. Do related work as required. Work with individuals or small groups providing guidance through project completion i.e. remedial reading, mathematics comprehension, computer laboratory, helps to set up science laboratory equipment and conducts experiments and performs limited review of student laboratory reports. Assist teachers in the correction of test papers, recording of grades, maintaining files and preparing statistical reports. May correct themes, compositions, standardized and objective tests and may supervise class when teacher is out of room. Assist teachers with study hall, corridor, lunchroom, bus duty and other monitorial and patrol duties. Fill out, copy and type forms, reports and other documents. Assists in routine classroom housekeeping chores, organize and participate in group games and related activities. Reads and tells stories to children. Receive, issue and renew library books and other educational materials. Assist teachers and students in selecting supplementary materials from the library. May store and deliver audio-visual materials. Provide general care and supervision of students. May need to assist in providing personal care to special needs students i.e. tube-feeding, diapering etc. Perform varied tasks to assist teacher in management of students and classroom management.
What your background should be
- Good general intelligence, familiarity with classroom routine, and ability to establish good relationships with students, teachers and co-workers. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to establish and maintain discipline, tact, courtesy, dependability, initiative and resourcefulness. Good moral character and neat personal appearance. Ability to lift (if applicable). Ability to work independently and function as a team member. Ability to assist or support at risk students or those with handicapping conditions. Ability to defuse inappropriate student behaviors and physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma.
Who is the client company
- This is a renowned and one of the greatest school district in New York.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org