- West Boylston, MA
What you'll be doing
- The Teacher is responsible to instruct inmates/probationers/parolees/students in basic educational or vocational skills. Lesson conducted individually, in a group setting or both. Candidate has to instruct students using various teaching methods, including but not limited to lecture and demonstration; adapt teaching style based on needs of an individual student or an entire class; provide the Education Coordinator or Director of Education with weekly lesson plans based on Massachusetts ABE frameworks; monitor student progress and maintain an Individual Education Plan (IEP) for each student; report any potentially dangerous situations in the school area to correctional staff; maintain a sufficient inventory of necessary classroom materials; develop, administer and grade tests and examinations; use audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations; integrate available technology into lessons; confer with the student and the Education Coordinator to resolve behavioral and academic problems; maintain discipline in the classroom; participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops; perform any other educational duties assigned.
What your background should be
- Must have knowledge and experience working in adult basic education (ABE). Current Massachusetts Teacher certification. Experience in adult education in correctional setting preferred. Knowledge of the programs and practices currently in use within the Education Department and Inmate Programs. Must possess a good command of both oral and written language. Must have the ability to employ varying teaching strategies that will help students succeed.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college. GED certification preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is the primary law enforcement agency servicing in Massachusetts. The institution responsible for both pre trial detainees and inmates sentenced trial.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com