Tax Manager (Federal Tax, Business Tax Services)
- San Antonio, TX
What you'll be doing
- Optimize the financial performance of business operations, tax strategy, and business strategy to work together across a client enterprise. Provide clients with tax guidance and planning related to working capital and long-term assets, as well as legislative analysis in the area of tax policy. Work on key client issues in domestic federal taxation, with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client business objectives; corporate tax; pass-through entities; corporations; and industry focus, as well as tax accounting. Maintain the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products. Serve as subject matter expert in tax accounting for audit clients, including sec filers as well as directing teams who prepare tax returns for clients. Provide leadership to employees, manage, and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Consistently deliver quality client services by monitoring progress. Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Cultivate business development opportunities.
What your background should be
- The candidate should have 4 to 5 years of progressive and experience in business or industry. The applicant with 3 years of experience in the following: consulting on federal income taxation experience; preparing and auditing tax provisions for a public accounting firm that is registered with PCAOB, and working with large multinational clients experience; managing consolidated corporate return engagements with 10+ state filing requirements; managing 2 or more compliance engagements while consistently meeting all deadlines; recent experience in tax compliance technologies including OneSource or CorpTax, is required. Must have proficiency in Excel, including experience developing financial models and Pivot tables. Must meet one of the following criteria: active CPA certification or foreign equivalent; CFA, CFE, sufficient educational/experience requirements (as determined by state board of accountancy) to receive CPA certification within one year of hire; or enrolled agent certification.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or master degree in accounting, finance, tax, law, or related, or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a multinational professional services firm.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com