- Fall River, MA
What you'll be doing
- The tax auditor provides direct supervision by assigning, directing, and controlling the activity of a group of field auditors. S/he provides technical assistance to agency staff regarding tax liability of individuals and corporations. The candidate attends opening and closing conferences with field auditors to provide guidance and direction. S/he ensures that each audit case completed in a timely, efficient, and cost effective manner. Monitors and analyzes audit workbench reports and provides management with monthly updates on the status of certain cases. Incumbent conducts on reviews of completed cases to ensure that the standards of quality maintained. Assists and instructs audit groups in the application of tax laws, rules and regulations, audit techniques and procedures. Incumbent reviews the performance of employees according to the EPRS. Determines the need for disciplinary action when appropriate and follows proper progressive disciplinary procedures. S/he attends hearings at the office of appeals, when appropriate. The role provides technical assistance to taxpayers by answering questions regarding state tax laws, rules, regulations, guidelines, and procedures. This position participates in preparing guidelines, making recommendations on rules, regulations, and procedures, when requested.
What your background should be
- Applicant must have at least 7 years of full-time, or equivalent part-time professional experience in accounting, auditing, or tax examination with at least 3 years of experience in a supervisory or leadership capacity or any equivalent combination of the required experience (bachelor degree substituted for 2 years and graduate degree substituted for 3 years). The candidate with minimum 5 years of experience in sales/use tax, specifically Massachusetts general law chapters 62C, 64H, & 64I, plus a working knowledge of chapters 62, 63, & 63B & 64G preferred. Applicant should have excellent knowledge of all dor policies and procedures. Applicant should have experience with mass tax, audit workbench, kronos, dtax and other dor systems and databases. Applicant must have excellent oral and written communication skills and must be computer literate and experienced with Microsoft word and excel. cpa, mba, or other achievements plus. Possession of a valid driving license and furnishing private transportation for job related travel is required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or graduate degree in accounting, finance, or business administration required.
Who is the client company
- This is a governmental agency of the commonwealth of Massachusetts and provides state income and business tax forms and information.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org