TAP Skills Specialist
- Lawrence, MA
What you'll be doing
- Provide client companies service to youth in residential and community school. Provide culturally appropriate service to youth and their family. Provide information & referral, advocacy, skill training, peer counseling and service coordination to program participant. Provide education or training to consumer, school personnel, family and other involved with youth about chapter 766 and 688 mandate. Coordinate and monitor individual service plan (ISP) with each individual. Document progress note and monthly report in computerized data management system. Assist in develop of participant IEP or ITPS by providing pertinent information relating to transition from school community. Participate in IEP or ITP meeting as requested. Coordinate and facilitate group recreation, skill training, peer counseling session. Provide bi monthly peer group for program participant. Establish positive work relationship with area office MRC personnel to identify student within area school. Achieve positive consumer relationship within his or her control and contribute to a positive public image of the overall organization. Maintain a positive work setting through plan and effective use of benefit time. Commitment to continuous improvement strategy and demonstration of the knowledge, skill and ability related to this position. Participate in continuing education, training and staff development opportunity. Provide formal and informal transfer of knowledge and peer mentor leadership.
What your background should be
- Lived experience as a person with a disability preferred. Awareness and sensitivity to issues affecting teens with disabilities as well as multi cultural issues. Knowledge of state and federal legislation related to special education. Excellent organization skills. Knowledge of community resources a plus. Must be able to work independently and as a team member. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and provide follow through. Solid written and verbal communication skills; computer skills required. Reliable transportation and ability to travel independently is essential. Proficiency in English and Spanish strongly preferred. Some night and weekend work required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a consumer controlled independent living center providing advocacy and services to people with all.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com