Systems Support Specialist (IT)
- Tempe, AZ
What you'll be doing
- Provide quality customer service and desk-side support, consultation and training to university faculty, researcher and staff, under the direction of the university technology office. Maintain a high degree of technical knowledge and expertise in various technology subject areas. Respond to user requests. Act as a technology liaison for one or more groups of customers; understand the groups interests and technology needs, advocate for inside and outside of the university, maintain regular communication on technology topics, help with technology planning and facilitate solutions to problems. Foster cooperative work teams. Lead initiatives to develop solutions and to process meeting needs. Possess thorough knowledge of troubleshooting in cross platform environments. Manage multiple high priority tasks with understanding of university technology office (UTO) missions. Work closely with all stakeholders to support needs within established standards and guidelines. Provide users with technology solutions, define tasks, coordinate efforts and review outcomes. Provide support, consultation and training to the university faculty and staff. Create, update and maintain technical documentation.
What your background should be
- 2 years experience providing first level desktop diagnostic and trouble-shooting support or any equivalent combination of experience or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Experience in providing technical customer service to a diverse customer base in an educational setting. Experience in communicating effectively with both technical and nontechnical customers; written and verbal. Experience in personalized and group training for technical and non-technical students or staff in the use of technology. Experience in working as a member of a successful technology team. Experience in supporting Windows and Apple operating systems. Experience in troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associates degree in information technology.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com