Systems Performance Engineer
- West Jordan, UT
What you'll be doing
- This position is responsible for continuous improvement of the performance of voice and data wireless networks. Monitor and trend network statistics to find optimization opportunities and resolve network issues. Proactively collect and analyze drive data with the goal of improving network performance. Analyze internal and external baseline results and implement solutions for improving those results and meeting kpi objectives. Identify and resolve data performance issues e. G., the outage, latency, throughput, failed connection attempts and drop connections via both statistical and drive data. Troubleshoot and resolve system problems, like handoff failures, frequency related issues, intermodulation, external interference, radio and network blocking, poor sinr, low data throughput, and data capacity. Develop translations for new cell sites, cell site modifications, carrier additions and cell site upgrades. Turn up and integrate new network elements and optimize performance. Proactively conduct long term planning to ensure long lead performance solutions are tracked and included in the network upgrade, redesign and ensure network performance, maintain consistency with changing requirements and needs of the business. Provide support to rf design, small cell, in building and network engineering teams for network expansion and data capacity growth. Collaborate with rf design engineers in the development and approval of new cell site search rings as required for traffic and performance needs. Support performance testing of new features including maintenance window monitoring of network changes. Troubleshoot and resolve customer service issues in a timely fashion take ownership of network projects and identify new processes to optimize network performance. Prioritize high visibility projects to meet regional build plan goals and manage projects with little supervision. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Three or more years of experience with cellular systems required. Demonstrate knowledge in design and optimization techniques for networks. Clear understanding of wireless technologies including air link protocols preferred. Thorough background in rf and antenna theory, and working knowledge of wireless voice and data test equipment including data pro, qxdm, pilot scanners, spectrum analyzers, gps, post processing tools such as actix, windcatcher and gis tools such as mapinfo. A valid driving license required. Ability to demonstrate proficiency in office computer applications such as excel, word, power point and access. Good verbal and writing communication skills preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in engineering or computer science required and masters degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a wireless company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com