- Atlanta, GA
What you'll be doing
- The systems engineer is responsible for creating and maintaining availability and high performance in mixed Unix and windows development, nonproduction, and production environments. Work as part of the results oriented, service delivery team and assist configuration analysts, release engineers, developers, and operations teams. Perform root cause analysis of problems, select and implement automation tools, and actively participate in deeply technical discourses. Assist in the design, planning and implementation of server solutions. Tune systems for maximum available performance. Respond to and assist in production operations in a 24/7 environment. Evaluate, test, and integrate new operating system versions, drivers, and patches. Provide technical analysis, resolve problems, and propose solutions. Provide support and coordinate with developers, operations staff, release engineers, and end users. Educate and mentor team members and operations staff. Participate in a weekly on call rotation for after hours support. Application support and administration for web sphere, MQ, swift, sterling integrator and file gateway, and other applications.
What your background should be
- Three or more years of experience with the Linux operating system (red hat variants preferred) required. Understanding and experience with low latency, high performance Linux environments. Build automation and configuration management. Advanced Linux administration and engineering; Linux kernel and network tuning; advanced scripting (any combination of Perl, Ruby, Bourne, Python, and others). Customer focused and dedicated to the best possible user experience. Communicate effectively with both technical and business resources.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in engineering or systems engineering required.
Who is the client company
- This is a Dutch multinational human resource consulting firm.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com