- Danbury, CT
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for both the maintain and implementation of company infrastructure, ensure continuous operation across company data centers, servers, networks, and other technology platforms throughout the organization and monitors effectiveness in meeting company business requirements. The infrastructure administrator must provide advanced support/assistance to various IT infrastructure related issues and changes as and when requested. He/she must excel in day-to-day operations including issue resolution, resource utilization and task schedule management. The candidate will provide support across teams as well as to end users to best meet their requirements. Participate in the strategy, planning, and architecture of new server environments, storage and data management, application deployment. Develop and maintain all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Proactively ensure quality of service across company network, detect and manage any server abnormalities or inconsistencies and provide regular status reports and updates for services. Troubleshoot network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. Perform daily tasks relative to the operational support of all corporately support services for the organization. These tasks include monitoring and application availability, software releases, backups and restores, scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance. Maintain & regularly update the backup plans of the IT infrastructure & applications. Monitor and provide recommendations for secure and effective technology solutions. Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing improvement within the infrastructure.
What your background should be
- Must have 5+ years of experience providing it sever/application/help desk support in a complex, multi-operating system distributed corporate environment. 5+ years with infrastructure technologies (routers, firewalls, switches, wireless access points, storage technologies, etc.). 5+ years with Microsoft operating systems and related software.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in information systems, computer science or a related discipline.
Who is the client company
- This is an oil & energy distributor company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com