- Fredericksburg, VA
What you'll be doing
- A swing driver is responsible for safely operating a front, side or rear-loading truck, roll-off truck and a container delivery truck and providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers who reside on a designated route in the absence of the regularly-scheduled driver. In addition, the swing driver is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the company safety standards prior to operating the vehicle. Ensure that all company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle and complete vehicle condition reports on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner. Perform complete pre and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls are in proper working order. Safely operate his or her heavy truck along his or her designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher or supervisor. Operate manual and automatic controls in accordance with company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility. Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner. Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures. Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies. Follow all required safety policies and procedures. Perform minor repairs to containers in the yard.
What your background should be
- Minimum two years prior experience of driving heavy commercial trucks and also one year experience in the waste services industry. Must have strong memorization skills to quickly memorize and recall multiple routes in a short period of time. Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative. Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner. Must have good follow through ability; maintain a feeling of pride in work; strive to achieve all goals.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- The client company is providing reliable and responsible recycling and waste disposal services also serve residential, municipal, commercial, and industrial customers nationwide.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org