- Greeley, CO
What you'll be doing
- Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment and makes minor adjustments or calls biomedical equipment staff. Checks schedule and plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs. Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments, retracts tissue and operates equipment during surgery. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case. Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
What your background should be
- Minimum 2 or more years of operating room experience and must be able to scrub proficiently on surgical specialties. The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient. Must stay abreast of new developments in the field.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a non-profit health system in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org