- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- The surgical technician demonstrates proficient knowledge and skills necessary to carry out delegated tasks associated with the safe and efficient operating room support functions and related procedures. Records data established by policy and procedure and reports observations and patient problems to the licensed nurse. The surgical technician is responsible for assigned non nursing functions and practices relationship centered care in concert with the company values. Maintains and accurately processes and updates surgeon preference cards. Participants in restocking of supplies. Organizes the work flow, problem solves, and manages multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision. Demonstrates the componets of the i-care values statement (integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, excellence). Demonstrates the service pride standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go to above and beyond for 1 patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer). Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the work place. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Successful completion of an accredited or technician program or equivalency required. 18 months of experience as a surgical technician required mastery in a minimum of 1 or more service lines. Must be certified by the surgical technologist association or meet the grandfather clause. American heart association BLS required. Must pass and demonstrate skills and competency upon clinical orientation to the unit. Must be able to write and speak effectively in English. Knowledge of medical terminology required.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Who is the client company
- The client company is one of the most comprehensive teaching hospitals in the United States, with leading specialists in every field of medicine.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org