Support Services Specialist
- Iowa City, IA
What you'll be doing
- Support services specialist is responsible for scheduling patient appointments and visits in multiple outpatient clinics using the epic systems. Assists with problem solving of scheduling issues. Follows the scheduling policies to facilitate all patient appointments. Attends scheduling staff meetings. Provides scheduling coverage in staff absence. Provides back up for outpatient scheduling departments performing scheduling maintenance functions as deemed necessary. Coordinates provider schedules (master schedules, daily templates and clinic closures) for clinics as assigned. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- 6 months to 1 year of administrative experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in computer spreadsheet and database applications. Experience with hospital operations and/or ambulatory clinic operations. Experience with the epic system. Experience scheduling in an outpatient clinic setting. Ability to utilize existing resources and learning to achieve or exceed desired outcomes of current and future organizational goals/needs. Able to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations while producing results. Ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner. Ability to effectively transmit and interpret information through appropriate communication with internal and external customers. Knowledge and understanding of the health insurance portability and accountability act.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- This is a public research university.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org