Supplier Quality Engineer
- Huntington Beach, CA
What you'll be doing
- Develops sections of quality metrics, design and production certification plans to ensure compliance with contractual, company and regulatory requirements. Analyzes capability assessments to support supplier selection activities. Participates in various reviews to ensure quality attributes are incorporated into product designs. Compiles performance reports and other statistical data to ensure specified processes capability levels achieved. Works under general supervision. Generally clarifies purpose and importance; stresses major points; follows a logical sequence. Provides supplier quality representation on C-17 GISP program. Reports issues to more experienced personnel. Provides supplier quality representation on C-17 GISP program. Ensures supplier quality systems, processes and products meet purchase contract requirements and applicable regulations. Assesses capability and capacity of suppliers to perform current or potential future work and participates in source selection processes. Participates in lean plus activities such as employee involvement teams to define opportunities for reducing supplier risks through early program involvement.
What your background should be
- Two or more years of relevant experience. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Knowledge and experience with AS9100, AS9110, and D1-4426 special processes is preferred. Prior experience in quality with knowledge of quality and production processes is preferred. The following certifications are desirable: American society for quality (ASQ) certified quality engineer (CQE), certified manager of quality/organizational excellence (CMQ/OE) or certified quality auditor (CQA).
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required, master, or doctorate of science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry preferred.
Who is the client company
- This company is an multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets and satellites.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org