- New York, NY
What you'll be doing
- Superintendent is responsible for the organization and direction of construction and related activities within assigned area of responsibility, which may be a single area, multi-area or a multi-discipline construction project. May be the primary client contact for all jobsite activities, or may coordinate with clients resident representatives on jobsite activities within assigned area of operations. Responsibilities are to ensure assigned jobsite operations comply with design/specifications, completion on schedule, within budget and to quality standards. Applicant shall interfaces with all other tcc administrative field staff, particularly the project manager in a coordinated effort. Responsible for the field manpower organization to ensure the jobsite organization is composed of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, including those of the subcontractors and ensures effective personnel utilization. Establishes, coordinates, and implements construction schedules, staffing charts, and material and equipment requirements. Responsible for overall supervision of all personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
What your background should be
- Applicant must have knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of all engineering disciplines, all construction technologies, and jobsite management. Must have strong interpersonal and influencing skills needed to communicate with the variety of participants involved with a construction project. Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met. The ability to analyze and construct details as indicated on drawings and if necessary, provide/create new methods to implement the work.
Required Schooling / Training
- A recognized degree in construction, an engineering or construction management discipline or equivalent experience and training.
Who is the client company
- This is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com