Substitute Bus Driver
- Westland, MI
What you'll be doing
- Substitute Bus Driver will conduct pre trip inspection of school bus prior to every trip and complete all forms regularly. Report all bus accidents and pupil injuries to the transportation department immediately. Drive defensively under varying traffic conditions and inclement weather and with safety of students as first priority. Perform bus housekeeping duties inside and out. Work cooperatively, harmoniously and productively with other drivers, transportation supervisor, administrative staff, building principals and the public. Present positive image as a representative of school district. Maintain student order at all times to ensure adherence to safety rules. Observe all Board of Education policies and regulations and comply with all work rules. Must have the ability to work with handicapped students of all classifications. Perform Bus Aide duties when required. Ability to drive all size busses, 16 to 78 Passenger and various routes. Clean bus windows as needed, particularly of ice and snow in bad weather. Regular and predictable attendance.
What your background should be
- Previous bus driving experience preferred, but not required. Must be eligible to work in the United States. Valid driving license required. Possession of Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Class B endorsement preferred, but not required. Must meet State physical examination requirements. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 50percent of the time. Required to occasionally climb up and down bus steps and may be required to climb in and out of the Rear Emergency Door. The employee occasionally will assist in moving students on and off the bus and move student equipment weighing up to 75 pounds.
Required Schooling / Training
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational service.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org