Substance Abuse Counselor
- Tallahassee, FL
What you'll be doing
- Provide professional and ethical application of tasks and responsibilities of chemical addiction counseling to include clinical evaluation, treatment planning, referrals, service coordination, offender and community education, offender and group counseling, and maintain required documentation for each offender. Provide substance abuse assessments of offenders deemed appropriate for treatment by department of corrections. Analyze and interpret data to determine treatment recommendations and document assessment finding and treatment recommendations. Provide the offender with individual sessions to assess treatment, recovery and goal progress.
What your background should be
- Two years of professional experience in chemical addiction counseling and/or mental health counseling. Facilitate group sessions for educational groups and process groups as assigned. Adhere to treatment curriculum topics. Knowledge of Microsoft office and familiarity with computer basics is preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in counseling, sociology, psychology or other behavioral science from an accredited institution.
Who is the client company
- Concern about mental healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com