Subrogation Case Worker
- Irving, TX
What you'll be doing
- Effectively work, maintain and manage a variety of cases with current and accurate notes. Maintain a daily system of providing timely and accurate information required to move cases through the verification and case management pipeline. Verify documents and coordinate health care coverage for patients, including eligibility of benefits. Professional interaction with attorneys, insurance adjusters, medical providers, court staff, recipients and family members. Negotiate lien settlements per contract guidelines. Prepare required correspondence, liens, claims and other related documents. Perform basic and advanced levels of document review, legal research, and case management. Compile, analyze and make conclusions about information from multiple sources. Give special attention to the timely processing of events, various legal deadlines, and critical accounting/finance issues. Process intake referral leads from attorneys, insurance adjusters, personal representatives, stakeholders and medical providers. Review and research leads regarding potential accident or trauma situations. Handle phone inquiries for both demand package issues and from beneficiaries promptly and with courtesy. Meet department objective standards for customer service, probate research, asset research, document review and intake. Complete periodic reports for management when necessary.
What your background should be
- Paralegal certificate desired. 3 years of experience working in a professional office environment. Experience in a legal office a plus. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Access preferred. Medicaid and/or Medicare knowledge preferred. Bilingual (Spanish & English) a plus. Ability to interface with all levels of people both internally and externally in a professional manner. Ability to communicate and comprehend well both verbally and in writing, fluently in English. Ability to be careful and thorough about detail including with cite-checking and proofreading skills. Ability to function effectively under pressure and manage deadline oriented project demands and multiple initiatives. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively. Ability to perform oral presentations with good quality. Ability to perform well in team environment, to achieve business goals.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This company provides the broadest range of cost containment solutions in the healthcare industry to help payers improve performance.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org