Student Counselor (Pool)
- Round Rock, TX
What you'll be doing
- Counsel students to fully develop academic, behavioral, career, personal and social development. Consult with school staff, parents, and other community members to increase student effectiveness and promote student success. Deliver classroom guidance, group guidance and serve as a consultant to teachers. Plan, implement, and evaluate a balanced, comprehensive developmental guidance program to serve all students. Advocate for the school developmental guidance and counseling program and counselor ethical and professional standards with school personnel, parents, students and the community. Support the implementation, monitoring, and/or evaluation of assigned programs for elementary and secondary education, curriculum, and/or instructional support, and ensure that assigned programs are efficiently and effectively administered. Support and participate in meeting the objectives of the campus/department improvement plans. Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to state board of education and local board policy. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Valid Texas professional school counselor certification (or meets qualifications for Texas counselor deficiency plan), and two years of school counseling or classroom teaching experience. Knowledge of counseling procedures, intervention strategies, and student appraisal systems; knowledge of academic programs, policies, and procedures; knowledge of effective drop out recovery and prevention practices. Skill in interacting effectively with parents and community partners; skill in facilitating campus level teams; skill in communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing; skill in analyzing complex information and data; skill in implementing long-range and immediate plans.
Required Schooling / Training
- Master degree from an accredited college or university.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org