Structural Payload Design Engineer
- Long Beach, CA
What you'll be doing
- Directs cross-functional teams to analyze, conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex design non-conformances. Leads investigations into complex multidiscipline system related events. Uses innovative approaches and unique applications to address complex nonconforming conditions and to detect deviations. Assesses complex system events reports to determine potential safety issues. Analyzes reported problems for potential safety issues. Develops and implements product/process improvements. Leads development of interim and final solutions. Oversees documentation of hardware problems. Identifies the need for technical training. Leads activities for on-site disabled product repair teams and accident investigation or support teams. Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment. Ensures supplier and build partner compliance with the company standards. Develops and implements technical training curriculum for internal or external customers.
What your background should be
- Extensive experience in creating comprehensive multi-tiered project schedules for significant business unit projects; identifies time frames for key project milestones and ensure alignment of sub tier activities for overall project visibility, tracking and completion. Directs and manages very complex project schedules requiring interfacing with multi regional or international activities. Extensive and specialized ability to read and understand basic and complex engineering drawings and specifications. Assists others in understanding detailed drawings and specs. Advanced/expert ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications. Oversees and guides the efforts of others.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor and 9 or more years experience, master with 7 or more years experience or PHD with 4 or more years experience. Bachelor, master or doctorate of science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Who is the client company
- This company is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets and satellites.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org