- Parkersburg, WV
What you'll be doing
- Assists customers purchasing items by ringing-up sales utilizing a cash register; collects monies, counts change and prepares receipts; prepares and packages purchased items; prepares and balances the cash drawer and runs routine register print-outs; prepares and delivers bank deposits; ensures the security and accountability of all cash register funds and sales records in accordance with established operating procedures. Prepares processes and maintains various sales records, tax forms and social service vouchers; prepares routine sales reports as directed. Maintains the neatness and security of the cash register area; ensures that forms, bags, etc. are adequately stocked. Assists customers by explaining store policy and responding to questions regarding the pricing and purchasing of items; ensures that all customers visiting the store have a pleasant experience. Answers the store telephone in a tactful and courteous manner; assists customers by responding to questions and providing directions and general information; may schedule and record donation pick-ups.
What your background should be
- Experience working in a retail store preferred or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Knowledge of effective customer service techniques, ability to read, write, and communicate the English language, ability to operate a cash register, ability to perform routine mathematical computations and count change and ability to perform frequent walking and standing, kneeling, or squatting relieved by lesser periods of sitting or operating a vehicle.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is a Christian denominational church and an international charitable organization structured in a quasi-military fashion.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com