Store Assistant Manager
- Tucson, AZ
What you'll be doing
- The store assistant manager usually assists the store manager in the day-to-day operations of the store. The person is responsible for supervising all store personnel in the absence of the store manager. The responsible person for this position works in conjunction with the store manager to maximize collections, production, sales, salvage and customer service. Ensures the timely processing of donations received at the store and properly completes the production records. The incumbent ensures maximum sales performance through proper stock rotation, display, signage, and inventory levels. Ensures that store meets or exceeds sales goals on a consistent basis. Ensures that store is presenting quality customer service to all shoppers, donors and employees. Securely handles cash, cash receipts, bank deposits and ensures the security of the safe combination, keys to the store as assigned and all aspects of store operations. The incumbent reports all unusual or suspicious occurrences as happen, or are brought to your attention, to the Store Manager. Assists in the completion of employee work performance evaluations and provides feedback to both the employee and the store manager. Communicates appropriately with customers and assists them as needed. Follows all company and department policies and procedures.
What your background should be
- Three years retail supervisory experience preferred. Sufficient knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting to maintain simple store records. Knowledgeable in merchandising and industry trends. Applicant is expected to have the ability to operate a cash register, count money and make change, ability to supervise and train team members, ability to read, write and speak English, ability to follow written or verbal instructions, ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, customers, donors, and persons receiving services and ability to realistically assess values of merchandise. The ideal candidate must have a valid Arizona driver license, reliable transportation and the willingness to drive to meetings, bank and other company locations.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED. Bachelor degree in retail or a related field preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client is a nonprofit organization that provides job training, employment placement and other related services for people with barriers to employment.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com