Sterile Processing Technician
- Sarasota, FL
What you'll be doing
- The sterile processing technician is responsible for the preparation of sterile supplies, instruments and equipment. Prepares instruments and supplies through cleaning, packing, sterilizing and storing procedures. Understands principles of sterilization techniques and operates sterilization equipment. Assembles and sets up instruments trays for operating rooms. Assists in departmental cost containment efforts. Maintains a clean work area. Assists in maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing, the operating room and in equipment storage areas. Performs equipment distribution and routing cleaning and maintenance. Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
What your background should be
- At least one year of sterilization and instrumentation experience required. BLS certification (American heart association) required upon hire. Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required. Able to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and lifting of 25 lbs.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required.
Who is the client company
- This is a full-service, emergency care facility specializing in orthopedics & heart health company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org