- Tarrytown, NY
What you'll be doing
- Design and conduct experiments utilizing state-of-the-art molecular technologies, and provide advanced data analysis as well as trouble shooting under minimal supervision. Provide scientific and technical supervision to junior staff, including initial training, ongoing instruction, planning detailed procedures for defined projects with timelines, methodological approaches, expected results and necessary resources. Maintain scientific curiosity and familiarity with current advances in transgenic and genome engineering technologies and literature, and apply such knowledge toward development of new or improved technologies. Communicating project updates and results, documentation, as well as providing scientific results that support the generation of publications and patents.
What your background should be
- The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of post-graduate/industry research experience related to molecular genetics with a comprehensive understanding of genetically modified mouse model generation. Extensive knowledge and technical proficiency in standard molecular biology techniques to work independently in the design and generation of complex targeting constructs. Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and accurately perform new procedures involving a range of technologies. Ability to motivate and/or supervise junior staff with a good understanding of project scheduling and timeline.
Required Schooling / Training
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in the area of biology or life sciences.
Who is the client company
- This is a biotechnology company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org